[RndTbl] [SkullSpace-Discuss] IBM "clicky" keyboards

Benjamin Bergman ben at benbergman.ca
Sun Sep 15 14:14:58 CDT 2013

This probably isn't the Canadian ergo keyboard you are thinking of,
but it has MX Browns in it (a bit softer that the blue/green/clear,
but still with the tactile bump).
http://www.trulyergonomic.com/

My daily driver is an old Kinesis contoured keyboard, again with
browns, but also available in reds (similar to brown, but without the
bump).
http://www.ergocanada.com/detailed_specification_pages/kinesis_corporation_advantage_contoured_keyboard.html

A similar keyboard is the Maltron keyboard. While much more expensive,
they are hand built and thus can be easily custom built, so I'm sure
they would make one with whatever MX switch you liked.
http://www.maltron.com/keyboard-info/dual-hand-fully-ergonomic-3d-keyboards

There is also the ErgoDox, designed by keyboard enthusiasts and sold
as a kit. It is often sold through Massdrop.com and I believe you can
choose pretty much any MX switch you want.
http://ergodox.org/
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ergodox/talk

As you can perhaps tell, I have more of an interest in the mechanical
ergo keyboards than the super clicky boards, but since ergo boards
were mentioned I thought I would point these out. Also, since all of
these boards are MX based, the switches can be modified/swapped with
your favorite type (blue, green, clear, etc). There are a few great
keyboard forums out there, namely geekhack.org and deskthority.net,
which talk about that kind of
procedure and other keyboard things.