[RndTbl] Router / NAS

Paul Sierks psierks at sierkstech.net
Mon Apr 21 13:05:51 CDT 2014

Weird subject, I know. But this is only for personal residential use.
I've been running Arch on a system with a number of disks in raid for
all my shared storage needs. This system also doubles as a router /
firewall with Wifi, and other little things such as pxe booting. We'll
recently I've been wanting to use ZFS with it more and more. So I
figured I'd get opinions. Arch does have packages for ZFS, which would
provide most features, just not encryption. So would I be better to use
pfSense or the like off a USB and add what I need for ZFS, nfs, etc to
it, or to just use FreeBSD? or is there some other suggestions.

Thanks,
Paul