[RndTbl] CA Domain Registrars

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Aug 19 15:25:01 CDT 2014

On 2014-08-19 Dan Keizer wrote:
> What do you guys know of for decent registrars for CA domains that
> you'd recommend?  that don't have draconian policies ...

If you want to keep it local, me (my company) is a OpenSRS reseller
since 2001.  My pricing is fairly competitive, but bit less so on .ca's
(for some strange reason OpenSRS seems to charge more than others).  I
basically just try to make $3-$4.50 above my cost per domain.  SSL
certs too.  If you wanted to arrange some sort of referral/reseller
idea, I'm open to that.

You get easy management through the OpenSRS end-user management
console, and I do believe they give free DNS hosting now too (I don't
use it personally).

I renew based on policies you lay out in advance, so you can direct
what you want to do with your renewals.

Talk to me at the next meeting if you're interested (or sooner by
email).