[RndTbl] fire alarms

Robert Dyck rbdyck2 at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 17 15:51:34 CST 2014

I made some calls. None of them know how to deal with this. I called
Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba, who referred me to Electronic
Products Recycling Association. They don't have a clue. The City of
Winnipeg website has a referral to Miller Environmental Corporation for
hazardous waste. They Won't take it either. But when I phoned them, the
woman looked up the regulations. Up to 10 residential smoke detectors
can go in regular garbage. There is absolutely no way to recycle, but
you can throw them out.

Rob Dyck