[RndTbl] CF/SD/MMC readers under Linux

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sat Feb 1 17:51:11 CST 2014

I've noticed that many USB card readers are non-functional under Linux;
according to the kernel developers, it's because relatively few of them
implement the USB removable block storage class (protocol) correctly.
While there are lots of expensive card readers that work with Linux,
finding cheap ones is challenging.

I think, however, that I've found the ultimate *cheap* USB card reader
that works with Linux:  the "Tech-1 USB 2.0 CARD READER" at Dollarama.
IIRC, it cost $2.

You'll almost certainly want to get a USB A-A extension cable for $1 or
$2 at the same time, since the card reader comes with a 1" cable...

--
-Adam Thompson
  athompso at athompso.net