[RndTbl] DoD multicast?

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Tue Feb 11 07:38:29 CST 2014

Packets to 224.0.0.1 are only for the local subnet and should not be
forwarded. If they were sourced from the DoD, they should never have made
it to your site. Also took a quick look at a route server, that network
isn't in the global tables.

Occam's razor would suggest that it's a misconfiguration or some other crap
on the network.

As an aside, I once had an RSA token server that had its config file
corrupted. When we turned it on, it would spew packets at the DoD. After a
brief panic, then a laugh, we figured out the problem and the DOS went
away. Wondering if there's some pattern in the numbers.

Sean

Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/