[RndTbl] Desktop SSDs

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Sep 30 07:21:31 CDT 2014

On 2014-09-29 Kevin McGregor wrote:
> Does anyone have an opinion ( ;-) ) on which desktop SSDs to buy or
> avoid in the ~250 GB size? How about the Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB
> SSD SATA3 SandForce SF2281

I've had great success with Kingston for many years now, not a single
failure.  The Hyper-X Fury is new but I expect normal Kingston
quality.  I have sold a couple already and they are very nice.  Very
fast speed (in spec) for not much money.

As for other good brands: Intel, Samsung

Avoid: OCZ, Imation

> (E.g. $140 + tax & shipping from NCIX)

I'll check my pricing and email you privately.