[RndTbl] Converting CUPS PPD files for Windows clients

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 15 15:31:17 CDT 2015

The question was asked at last night's round-table session: What was the
command (that is part of CUPS) to convert PPD files for use by Windows
clients?

I believe it's part of the work that the "cupsaddsmb" command does, in
addition to providing driver files for an appropriately configured Samba
server.  Check the man page for details.

Note that this may be essentially obsolete these days, as I doubt it
properly supports drivers for modern Windows versions, whether they're
32- or 64-bit.  However, if you still need it just for the purpose of
massaging PPD files (which you would then install, manually or by other
means, on the Windows clients), it may still be up to the task.

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/