[RndTbl] ECC - 8 chips?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Tue Dec 1 18:45:47 CST 2015

1. I've seen DIMMs with parity on the back side.  That's a possibility.  I recall encountering Registered DRAM (which these might be) where the parity function was somehow integrated into the latch register chip.
2. Most of the non-eBay images I've found are *definitely not* of that part # and are therefore worthless as data points.
3. That is *not* a HyperX part# despite what's in the Kingston URL.
4. It's system-specific RAM: you know as well as I do that's often the regular stuff, just better tested.  But not always.

In short... If you have an HP XW (Kayak) series workstation, go ahead and use these.  If you have an HP server, tread carefully: trust but verify.  For any other use, I'd probably stay away.

-Adam