[RndTbl] ECC - 8 chips?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Dec 1 20:10:26 CST 2015

Oh, it looks like it's much simpler than all this.  I looked
more carefully at the ebay auction pics and noticed a few things that
provide answers.  It's all just a case of ebay fraud/misrepresentation/
stupidity, as usual.  (I'm focusing on this ebay auction because I
already bought it through my buddy in the USA. Doh!)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221949985186

1. The PN on the pkg sticker doesn't match the PN on at least 2 of the
sticks (9995315-028).  The middle stick in the pic does appear to be the
correct PN (9905321-031), so that probably has 9 chips.  The left one
is not visible, but could be also.  The open stick and the right-hand
stick are clearly the wrong PN, and that PN googles out to be a non-ECC
stick.

2. The "sealed" sticks (according to his description) are obviously not
sealed, beacause the sticks are in 3 different orientations in the
package, and obviously Kingston ships them all the same.  Should been
an immediate tip off.

So the seller either is ignorant or fraudulent.  Even with his "no
returns" statement ebay will force a refund for misrepresented goods.

Once again reinforces my belief that some categories of goods are very
risky to buy on ebay.