[RndTbl] weird a.out in /var/log/httpd

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Mon Jan 5 18:32:26 CST 2015

Don't run ldd on a binary you don't trust [1]. I think the safer way is
objdump -p a.out | grep NEEDED.

Did you try "strings" to see what's in there? "nm" and "objdump" might give
some more info on the method names especially since it's been stripped.

Also, just for kicks, do an "lsof | grep deleted" to see if any processes
have some old files open that you can grab out of proc that the exploit
tried to delete but was held open.

[1] http://www.catonmat.net/blog/ldd-arbitrary-code-execution/

Sean

Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/