[RndTbl] SCSI cable length

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Jul 3 16:06:19 CDT 2015

I have an external SCSI device that I'd like to plug in on a 10-15' cable.
The device has a standard dense 50-pin 2-row connector.  I thought at
first that meant for sure LVD, but now I'm thinking it just means ultra.
I need LVD to get over 1.5M cable length, according to spec.  LVD lets me
go to 12M it appears.  If it's just ultra then I'm SOL, I guess.

Is there a way to know what signalling this device uses based just on the
connector?  I checked all available interent specs, incl the original
manual, for the device and *nothing* specifies anything other than "SCSI".

I'm a big SCSI guy, but my memory on the subject is starting to get
hazy due to disuse...