[RndTbl] leasing storage on-site

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu Jun 11 14:05:30 CDT 2015

Yes, I understand the budgetary problem there.

For only one month, my earlier statement stands: I’m sure you could find someone to do it for no more than about 66% of the cost of buying it new.

I would recommend talking to National Leasing and see what they can do for you… also possibly call Powerland Computers locally and see if they can do something with an HP storage array (e.g. 3PAR with NFS head-end).

I’m sure you’re aware that for most 100TB storage arrays, implementation takes a month, never mind using it…

Might be worth calling Broadview Networks, too, and see what their rates would be like to lease an Equallogic array with NFS head-end (an FS7610 paired with two PS4210Es would give you 96TB usable; otherwise 2 or 3 PS6210s would do the trick).  Delivery time would be somewhere on the order of 2-3 weeks for the PS arrays, and Equallogic implementation is usually pretty darn fast.  (And you could skip the FS7610 altogether if you could just manage with iSCSI.)

--
-Adam Thompson
 athompso at athompso.net
 Cell: +1 204 291-7950