[RndTbl] SSH to a role (not exactly)

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 08:11:58 CST 2015

Augh. Sorry for the lame-ass question. Forget what I said. Anyway:

So, two Solaris 11.2 systems. On one of them I want to run this in a cron
job:
zfs send -RI ${lastsnap} rpool/zones/${zone}@${currsnap} | ssh ${desthost}
"zfs recv -o canmount=off -o compression=on -dFuv rpool"
or more generically
<command I run as root> | ssh <dest-host> "command I need to run as root"

I can set up the SSH keys so this works without passwords, but I only
understand how to make that work when 'root' is an account and not a
"role". So I guess I should look into how to run commands with a specific
user account which can run the zfs command and set up the SSH keys so it
works without requiring a password.