[RndTbl] Book Apart order

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon May 25 03:05:14 CDT 2015

I'm going to make an order for some (print) books from publisher A Book
Apart (USA-based) and wondering if anyone wants to go in on the order with
me.  If I can get 3-5 more books in the order I can save more money
(bigger discount) plus split the shipping/brokerage over more books.
Win/win if someone else wanted one of these books in print.

A Book Apart just joined O'Reilly for Safari/ebooks (but not print) and
they seem to produce excellent products.  They seem heavily slanted
towards web design (i.e. less programming) yet look interesting/useful
enough for a typical do-it-all web site programmer.  Their schtick is to
make books that are short and concise (100-150 pages usually).

If I can reach the 10 book mark it's roughly $13.75(ca$) a print book
(normally $18us), plus shipping (should be only a few bucks a book), plus
USPS/CP duties/taxes (should be under $2 a book).  So I'm guessing
$17.50-ish a book (just a guess).  You pay actual costs divided by the
book count, no markup.

Here's their catalog, with good writeups and a sample chapter for each:

http://abookapart.com/products/

The ones that look most useful to me are Web Typography and Respnosible
Web Design.  It's extremely odd, but almost none of these books show up on
Amazon/Indigo.  I guess they are a really new company trying to break into
the mainstream.  (I'm in no way affiliated with them.)

subject line intact.  Thanks!