[RndTbl] System accounting misbehaviour in MacOS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Nov 3 14:37:02 CST 2015

After Adam's mini-presentation on classic UNIX system accounting (sa,
lastcomm) at the October meeting, I decided to set it up on various
Linux and MacOS X systems I maintain.  I came across a curious issue
under MacOS X, where timestamps were correct for root processes, but
wrong for everyone else.  Turns out, I'm not alone in noticing this...

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/206815/system-accounting-misbehaviour-on-macos-x-yosemite

I haven't found any solution to this, nor anything from Apple
documenting this.  I imagine this is not likely to be a priority issue
for anyone, though.

--
Manitoba UNIX User Group	E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
c/o Gilbert E. Detillieux	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/