[RndTbl] "un-RAIDing" a Linux P2V

Wyatt Zacharias wyatt at magitech.ca
Mon Nov 30 15:36:38 CST 2015

device-mapper: dm-raid45: initialized v0.25941
Waiting for driver initialization.
Scanning and configuring dmraid supported devices
Trying to resume from /dev/vg00/lvol00
Unable to access resume device (/dev/vg00/lovl00)
Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
Settting up other filesystems.
Setting up a new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev/ failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Kernel panic - not sycing: Attempted to kill init!

So here's the last section of the boot log before it panics, I've also
tried with 'noresume' in the kernel options, and that gets rid of the
resume device error. So it looks like something's wrong at mkrootdev step.
Is there a way to debug what devicemapper is doing to tell if it's picking
up the logical volumes correctly?

echo "Loading dm-raid45.ko module"
stabilized --hash --interval 1000 /proc/scsi/scsi
mkblkdevs
echo Scanning and configuring dmraid supported devices
resume /dev/vg00/lvol00
echo Creating root device.
mkrootdev -t ext4 -o defaults,ro /dev/vg00/lvol01
echo Mounting root filesystem.
mount /sysroot
echo Setting up other filesystems.
setuproot
echo Switching to new root and running init.
switchroot

--
Wyatt Zacharias