[RndTbl] aRrgh: a newcomer's (angry) guide to R

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Oct 5 14:14:35 CDT 2015

Thanks, both of you, for the helpful links.  It's good to get things
from a few different perspectives.  Tim Smith's pages were a quick, fun
read.  There's a lot there that I wish I'd known when I was struggling
through a couple R scripts I wrote.  I still feel like I've barely
scratched the surface, as did Tim's article.  Lots of other odd
inconsistencies in R, like row.names vs colnames and stuff like that.
And that's before you even start learning about the oodles of stats
libraries available and how to use them, including their often
inconsistent requirements/specs for arguments & return values.

Gilles

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/