[RndTbl] transistor wall-clock

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sat Oct 17 16:54:39 CDT 2015

Neat... And no @#$%! way am I going to spend that much time soldering together a clock, even if it was only $5.  A not-overly-accurate-clock, at that!

However, as noted in the details, there's a 120VAC-to-9VAC wall transformer involved, so even if you hung on to the bare leads with your hands, you wouldn't likely be getting anything more than an unpleasant tingle/buzz.
Of course, I don't have all the details, and that looks (just eyeballing it) like a fairly hefty capacitor - the  *possible* discharge current involved *could* be enough to be severely unpleasant.  But not _likely_ to be harmful.  Don't take this as any sort of guarantee, however.

On the other hand, you could easily cover the bottom-left corner with a clear plastic shroud of some sort, and touching the rest of the board would likely (again...) be a non-event.

-Adam