[RndTbl] cheaper ISP

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri Sep 11 07:13:19 CDT 2015

At that price point?  Forget it.
MTS offers up to 5mbps upload on DSL, but it's about double your price target.
Shaw offers the same: 5mbps upload max.

Then you're looking at non-traditional options.
I believe Voyageur Internet is the cheapest, where a burstable 10/10 service runs somewhere around $100/month but only if you have good line-of-sight to a tower.

Basically,
1. $40-$80/m is too low for anything better than farmer-grade DSL, here
2. Don't live in Canada if you want dirt-cheap internet.

-Adam