[RndTbl] cheaper ISP

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Sep 15 20:19:10 CDT 2015

On 2015-09-11 Colin Stanners wrote:

> But given that Shaw/MTS are already cheap/cheapest and this customer
> wants to go even cheaper that won't work.

So les.net can't do DSL cheaper than MTS?

I want to be clear, we don't want monga d/l or u/l speeds, just
something better than pathetic.  Even 1.5M up and 5M down would be fine
(with 2M up better, etc).  Anything more than the useless 500k up they
have now.

My customer pays $45/mo now for MTS's only option short of their
$100/mo next-best plan.  The $100/mo would be fine, but I find that
pricey compared to what Shaw gives for $80/mo.

Why do we have to pay double to get a non-pathetic (but still not great)
u/l speed?  Sigh.

As for Hartmut's point: fine and dandy except when it comes to
industrial space (which this is).  Nearly every industrial park in town
is outside of Shaw's cabling. :-(