[RndTbl] aggregating dsl lines

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Tue Sep 29 10:48:10 CDT 2015

The unit I suggested someone else try was this:
http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/product.php?id=26560
Which can be purchased in north america via (among others) Amazon.ca:
http://www.amazon.ca/PLANET-VC-231-Ethernet-VDSL2-Converter/dp/B009WWHNWU for
only $142.83 ea.
You need two; one for each end.  No DSLAM required.
This unit only does VDSL2+ profile 30a on a single telco cable at a
time, and may or may not be able to support profile 30a at all.  If 30a
works for you, though, that's 100Mbps symmetric.

There's also BlackBox gear that's similar - the LinkGain extender
(50Mbps,
http://ca.blackbox.com/Store/Results.aspx/Networking/Extenders/LinkGain/n-4294953139)
and the entire Ethernet-over-UTP series (up to 100Mbps,
http://ca.blackbox.com/Store/Results.aspx/Networking/Extenders/Ethernet-over-UTP/n-4294858909).

Of course, you can combine two pairs of VC-231s with two linux boxes
acting as bridges, each one configured for round-robin, and get an
aggregate 200Mbps symmetric out of the cabling.

Good luck!

-Adam