[RndTbl] DNS search/resolv.conf help!

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 16 14:36:12 CDT 2016

Is this server setting its interface addresses manually, or is it a DHCP
client?  In the latter case, the DHCP server may be specifying the
domain search list, and the client side is happily overwriting your
/etc/resolv.conf on every lease renewal.

Gilbert

--
Manitoba UNIX User Group	E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
c/o Gilbert E. Detillieux	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/