[RndTbl] Serial to IP Gateway?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed Aug 17 04:11:49 CDT 2016

On 2016-08-15 Colin Stanners wrote:
> Do the remote sites that dial in have IP connectivity? How about
> putting serial to IP converters at that end of the connection and
> dropping the POTS?

Bluecross will be using POTS modems until the end of time.  I have had
customers who still use DOS(!!) programs to submit reimbursement
requests to them.  Best they can hope for is to whittle the numbers
down and pray they disappear.  (It's kind of like POTS interac
terminals, they are still all over the place.)

That said, I kind of like POTS modems!  Ah, the good ol' days.