[RndTbl] Serial to IP Gateway?

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Wed Aug 17 04:56:08 CDT 2016

> Bluecross will be using POTS modems until the end of time.

ROTFL!  Hey, at least they're not using POTTS (= plain old telephone and
telegraph system).

> I have had customers who still use DOS(!!) programs to .....

Me too, before I and those customers parted ways.

> (It's kind of like POTS interac terminals, they are still all over the
place.)

Yes, I still run into those with considerable frequency too!  And they're
either tying up a whole dedicated (and expensive) POTS line, or sharing a
POTS voice line.

> That said, I kind of like POTS modems!  Ah, the good ol' days.

Yeah, they make that sound of pterodactyls while they're interchanging
carriers and protocols before the real communications session.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331