[RndTbl] Serial to IP Gateway?

Wyatt Zacharias wyatt at magitech.ca
Wed Aug 17 09:58:58 CDT 2016

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. To clarify, the goal of moving to a
linux box or other appliance is two-fold. One is to get rid of the EOL
cisco routers, the other is also to get rid of the shelf full of modems
that are plugged into the routers, and this makes things a bit more
complicated. There are a couple makers of internal modem cards that have
tens or hundreds of modems integrated into one pci card, and this is where
the need for a linux box comes in. Once all these modems are inside a
server, I need to replicate the functionality of the cisco routers, which
takes the raw serial input from each modem, and forwards it out over telnet
to a predefined destination.

I've been working with mgetty the last couple days, and I've gotten pretty
close to something that works. At the moment when you connect to my test
pc's serial port, it will prompt for the username and then initiate a
telnet session for you. Now how can I get mgetty to skip the login prompt
entirely and go right to telnet? Any ideas?

--
Wyatt Zacharias