[RndTbl] Using Shaw 150 mbps down / 15 mbps up / 1 TB data plan on 100 mpbs ports and hardware

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Wed Aug 17 21:34:12 CDT 2016

I don't know enough about Shaw's service to say. I'm just relaying what a
Shaw tech told our tech who told me. So 3rd hand information. I believe
Shaw uses a variety of different solutions depending on if it's residential
or business, including an Asterisk based system for residential voicemail.
But that is totally unverified.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Hartmut W Sager <hwsager at marityme.net>
wrote:

> You mean Shaw actually uses true VoIP internally, as opposed to their own
> cablesystem phone service (which is an industry-standard cablesystem phone
> service) that they offer to their Shaw Phone customers?  Or are you
> referring to the long-haul leg of Shaw Phone service once the transmission
> leaves the Shaw infrastructure?
>
> Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331
>

> On 17 August 2016 at 08:00, John Lange <john at johnlange.ca> wrote:
>
>> Specifically, the Cisco modems do not work with SIP UDP and Shaw only
>> uses the Hiltron modems modems with their own VOIP service.
>>
>> John

John Lange
www.johnlange.ca