[RndTbl] how to share/move sensitive data

Micah Garlich-Miller micahgarlichmiller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 11:06:25 CDT 2016

Hi all,

I appreciate all the comments and thoughts, thank you.

I'm just going to sum up what happened even though its a bit of a mess.

Basically, the requirements that were given around privacy and for it being
a non-physical approach evaporated.  The recipient of the data eventually
came back and said the network in that part of the world is incapable of
receiving large files, so please mail physical.  So thats whats going to be
done, a crypted external hard-drive.  I am grateful that this is the
solution was deemed acceptable because in this particular case it seemed
the best.

The approach that we were preparing to do was to crypt and chunk using
7-zip which looks like a great product for exactly this types of problem.
We were then going to make it available via sftp to the recipient.  The
reason for setting it up that way was so the recipient could take advantage
of the faster download speeds (as compared to upload).

Thanks again,
Micah

Micah Garlich-Miller <micahgarlichmiller at gmail.com>