[RndTbl] Replacement for Adobe Flash Player

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Feb 5 01:42:14 CST 2016

On 2016-02-04 John Lange wrote:
> I haven't really been keeping up on such things, but haven't all the
> major sites replaced flash with some kind of embedded HTML5
> compatible video streaming? I thought the browsers tried that first,
> then reverted to flash if necessary?

No such luck.  I'd say at least 75% of the videos embedded in ~50
various news / blog sites I frequent don't play without flash.  This is
most frustrating when reading them on my Android phone.  So much for
HTML5 video (for now)...

For a Windows user I think Wyatt's / Mark's Chrome/Edge idea is best.
No update fuss.

Gnash is pretty much only good for viewing (most ancient) SWF files
you've already downloaded from elsewhere.  AFAIK it's not an in-browser
thing.