[RndTbl] partial PS use?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon Feb 15 15:44:27 CST 2016

You have to fake out (short??) at least one signal on the motherboard connector for the PSU to continue delivering power.
Whether draw on only one rail causes a problem will depend on the internal design.  You could hook up a 9V-battery-powered low-voltage alarm to let you know the PSU died if that's a major concern.  I'm assuming you aren't going to run out of spare AT PSUs anytime soon ;-).
-Adam