[RndTbl] partial PS use?

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Mon Feb 15 15:57:59 CST 2016

The -5V and -12V are probably fine with no load, but the +12V line should
have at least the minimum required load (whatever that might be).  Just use
a suitable power resistor (power resistor means it won't fry into a molten
lump) on the +12V line.  In the absence of info on the PS label, I'd go for
and P = IV to do the algebra to get the right resistance (ohms).

Also, along the lines of Adam's reply, you might have to signal back to the
PS (by closing a circuit?) that "this motherboard likes you" - otherwise
the PS might cut out.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331, +1-204-515-1701, +1-204-515-1700,
+1-810-471-4600, +1-909-361-6005