[RndTbl] UI convention to show collapsible content (+ and - icons vs left/right and down arrows)

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Mon Jan 4 12:46:45 CST 2016

I totally agree with your accurate description of current common usage of
>/v/+/-, including "expand in place" vs "overlay", and left/right
positioning.  Furthermore, +/- for expanding/contracting subordinate items
was already standard in very early Windows (with some possible non-MS
heritage in DOS).  Interestingly, in Windows Vista, +/- in a folder tree
were replaced by right-pointing and down-pointing triangles.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331