[RndTbl] Weird code showing up in bash history

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Jan 30 05:11:21 CST 2016

On 2016-01-29 Adam Thompson wrote:
> I am not personally familiar with it, but it seems very clear that
> it's something being executed by BMC ADDM

This isn't supposed to happen in properly-working scripts.  Either the
shell itself, or your rc files, should recognize it's not a human tty
and not log its history.  I'm pretty sure your app must be doing some
weird stuff to the shell to make it log its history.  Probably some
poking around in the source could disable that.