[RndTbl] help me test tcsh?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Jul 29 00:52:41 CDT 2016

(If you want to help me, this will only take you 1 minute!)

I've hit a bug in the new Fedora 23 version of tcsh.  Can someone help me
confirm this bug on another box?  It *only* happens on 64-bit x86_64 so I
need someone running 64-bit.  Also, it only seems to happen if gcc5 is
used to compile, so your distro has to be pretty new (Fedora 23 or newer
for example).  Preferably kernel 4+ too.

You can tell if you're 64-bit using:
uname -i
If you see 64 in there, you're 64.

Try:
gcc --version
If it's 5+ that's good.

Lastly, see what kernel ver:
uname -r
If it's 4+ then we're in business...

All I need from you if match the above is start tcsh:
tcsh

If it says command not found then you need to install it with your package
manager, like "dnf install tcsh" or "apt-get ...whatever".  Then start
tcsh by typing tcsh.

Here's the actual test, paste this in tcsh:

complete find 'n/-user/u/' 'n/-exec/c/'

then type:

find . -user [TAB]

(hit TAB key where I put tab above, don't type the brackets)

Does it list the users on your system or does it list the files/dirs in
the current directory?  My bug is that it shows the files, not the users.

Could also try:

complete tcsh n/-c/c/

then type:

tcsh -c [TAB]

Should give the same results (showing files instead of commands).

One last thing, please let me know your tcsh version:
tcsh --version

I've only gotten this bug to occur on 6.19.

Aside: this is a first, the bug is ONLY on my x86_64 boxes and not my i686
PAE ones!  Ha!

Thanks all!