[RndTbl] ecc laptops!

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Mar 11 22:03:08 CST 2016

On 2016-03-11 Adam Thompson wrote:
> Eurocom has been making Xeon laptops for about 5yrs already but quite
> expensive.  Nice machines, though.  Oh, I see that main memory isn't
> ECC, although the nvidia vram is...

The main RAM *is* ECC, but only on the high end models.  The spec pdfs
don't say it, but the "compare models" part of the website does.  And
3rd party reviews say ECC also.

As for 9-cell (Wyatt), I'm sure it'll have a 9cell offered later.  I
can't think of any reason why they wouldn't.

> Holy crap, a maxed-out Lenovo P70 lists for over $10k!!!

Or buy the lowest model with the Xeon/ECC and a good CPU and put in all
the RAM/SSD (3rd party) yourself and save 50% (guessing).