[RndTbl] SQL problem

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Thu Mar 24 09:16:31 CDT 2016

Can anyone help me figure out how to do this in SQL (MySQL)?

(pseudo-code giving you the gist):

SELECT custid, (count orders where ttl=X), (count orders where ttl=Y)
FROM ordertable
GROUP BY custid;

I basically want to count two different things based on two different
wheres.  If I put in a where clause then I select either the X or the Y
but I can't seem to get both in such a way I can count the X's and Y's.  I
tried thinking about unions but couldn't make it work.  I want to do this
all in 1 query as I want the sorted union of all custid's (X and Y).

P.S. ordertable has/can have multiple entries for each custid.

Ideas are appreciated!