[RndTbl] IPv6 in Manitoba

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sun May 1 11:19:41 CDT 2016

So far as I know, Les.net and VOI are the only providers in the Winnipeg
are currently providing IPv6 all the way to individual customers.

Les can only do direct customer connections in a fairly limited area of
downtown, but there's multiple ways to reach his network.

MTS and Shaw *will* do IPv6 (and BGP), but only on fiber.

You may have to install a router at Les.net and do your own VPN tunnel
to there (for both IPv4 and IPv6, if you want).  Les peers with Shaw at
10Gbps, so performance should be acceptable if you're on a Shaw cable
modem locally.

-Adam