[RndTbl] Anyone have any Captive Portal set-up experience?

Bradford C. Vokey brad at fsi.ca
Wed Sep 21 06:44:06 CDT 2016

Hello Andrew,

I mentioned your request for Captive Portal recommendations at our last
Manitoba Unix User Group general meeting.

The consensus was to purchase a MikroTik router and use their HotSpot
Gateway software
(http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:License#License_Levels). Their
level 4 license (a one-time fee of only $45) gives you access to 200
active hotspot users at once and 15 days of initial config support.

Here is a good article about setting it up:
http://www.mikrotik.com.my/hotspot-server-with-captive-portal-and-walled-garden/

Looks like a good solution to me!

Anyone have any recommendation as to *which* model MikroTik router he
should get for this hotel?

===
Bradford C. Vokey

Treasurer