[RndTbl] latest kernel rate limits icmp to different hosts? (** nmap shows bug! **) SOLVED + FIXED

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Thu Jan 5 16:59:57 CST 2017

On 2017-01-05 Frank H wrote:
> Happy New Year Trevor!
> Your links to LMKL relevant patches are saying 'bad gateway' 'website

Hmm, must have been a transient outage... it works for me now.  If it
still doesn't work for you, maybe something blocking your port 443
access?  Can you reach https://muug.ca?

> is offline' Is this to say you contribute to the linux kernel? or to
> Fedora? Looks like a lot of work but rewarding

Hmm, I guess I do "contribute" to the kernel in a matter of
speaking :-)  I'm by no means a kernel hacker, nor do I submit patches
of my own.  I guess I'm now a "kernel debugger and tester" :-)  (I do
have my name/email in the git tree now!)

Same with Fedora: I've very active on Fedora bugzilla.  Basically when
I hit a bug that impacts me or all the servers I admin, I do all the
work to try to isolate the bug and help the actual code authors come to
a speedy fix.  I find you get better responsiveness (and faster errata
released) that way.  Instead of saying a nebulous "it crashes
sometimes", you say "it crashes but only after XYZABC code commit".