[RndTbl] Attempted murder of sysadmin

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Mon Jul 10 04:55:33 CDT 2017

Trevor wrote:
> Nice reply, Adam, guess the rest of MUUG is off to the cottage, or not
> an admin, or too busy shaking in their boots to reply :-)  As we both
> said, no reason for anyone to get scared about any of this stuff as
> long as your skillset is deep and wide.

No cottage for me.  I'm still here and enjoying this whole thread, which
strikes a real chord with me.  I've made many similar observations in my IT
life.  Even as far back as circa 1988-1990, I remember an IT journal
article entitled "The End of Programmers (Again)".  Non-programmers
generally don't even understand or appreciate the concepts of algorithms
and processes, and seem to think that a simple script without conditional
logic/branching can do everything.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331