[RndTbl] disk usage

Kevin McGregor kmcgregor at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 11 18:06:47 CDT 2017

Here's another attempt to send this out:

I copied a bunch of stuff with rsync from a Linux system to a BSD system.
I'm fairly sure it worked fine, but as a check, I'd like to compare the
total number of bytes in files on both systems.
du -sk <dir> produces slightly different results on both systems (smaller
on dest)
I also tried out
find <dir> -type f -print0 | xargs -0 stat --format=%s | awk '{s+=$1} END
{print s}'
on Linux and
find rsync -type f -print0 | xargs -0 stat -f %Dz | awk '{s+=$1} END {print
s}'
on BSD. I think they're equivalent, but maybe not. At any rate, this also
produced differing results for each system, with the destination having the
smaller numbers. Not a huge difference, but it leaves me wondering what
might be missing.

Any ideas?