[RndTbl] Small switch recommendation.

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Jun 3 02:29:05 CDT 2017

On 2017-06-02 Theodore Baschak wrote:
> Based on the prices of new items that meet your needs,
> I'd almost recommend buying a Cisco Catalyst 3560-48TS -- 48+ gigabit
> ports (48+SFPs). I picked up one for around $200 shipped for my

No downside... except power consumption, looks like it draws "65W
(Cisco Catalyst 3560-48TS)" excluding PoE.  The Engenius I mentioned
draws 13W.  :-)  Of course, if it's for work and it's not your dime, go
crazy (unless you're green, in which case go crazy and feel guilty).
:-)

>From what Adam said, looks like switches suffer from prebuilt tier 1
computer system syndrome: if you want one thing high-end they force
everything high-end on you.  Oh well.  Maybe SDN is on to something
after all??