[RndTbl] Small router box

Tim Lavoie tim at fractaldragon.net
Fri Oct 20 11:00:40 CDT 2017

I bought one of these for home a while back, works great. I had a few
requirements in mind.

  * Fanless - I was replacing a very noisy Fortigate that was out of
    support and had fans getting louder.
  * Low-power
  * Multiple interfaces, so I can run separate wired, wireless and
    "whatever else".
  * Gigabit NICs

If you are thinking of pfSense, be aware that the 3.0 version will
require AES-NI support in the CPU. That rules out some of the cheaper
mini-PCs, but means faster crypto support.

  Cheers,

  Tim