[RndTbl] Small router box

Theodore Baschak theodore at ciscodude.net
Fri Oct 20 11:40:18 CDT 2017

I'll second mikrotik. Its a nice easily-supportable way of running
linux/iptables/routing/switching/tunnels/vpns/etc in a packaged way that
you don't need to worry about upgrading your
<kernel/daemons/ipsec/tunnels/etc> stuff b/c you can simply backup the
config by running /export compact and you've got everything then. You don't
get the power of dropping a bash shell either, but the UI and CLI language
exposed me to things I never knew existed in iptables even.

Their windows winbox UI app runs beautifully in WINE on linux and mac, I've
never had an issue with that.

Theodore Baschak - AS395089 - Hextet Systems
https://bgp.guru/ - https://hextet.net/
http://mbix.ca/ - http://mbnog.ca/