[RndTbl] recommendations for 4k video card under Linux

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Apr 28 04:47:12 CDT 2018

On 2018-04-23 Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> Just a quick follow-up on how things went: really quite smoothly! I
> never had to change any configuration or install any drivers. It
> autodetected the new card with no problems. The logs didn't clearly

You mean you got it working with nouveau?  That means either they fixed
the 1050 + large monitor support, or I was mistaken and it's because of
vdpau that I was forced to use nvidia binary.

If you're using nouveau, can you check if it supports vdpau?  (One can
always dream.)

As for login screens: mine is rotated 90 degrees because of my
preferred physical rotation. :-)  If I have to mouse something it sure
makes it challenging.

Thanks for sharing.  Now if someone gets 2 2k or 4k monitors working on
Linux, that's what we need to hear reported next!  (And if using DP
daisychain...)