[RndTbl] Power bar/surge suppressor

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon Jan 29 16:02:31 CST 2018

On 2018-01-29 Hartmut W Sager wrote:
> Oh, I forgot to mention:  The fine print on practically all "lifetime"
> guarantees stipulates "original owner only" and "purchase receipt
> required".  That includes "lifetime guarantee" car batteries too,
> which are additionally restricted to "vehicle originally installed
> in".

There's a way around the "vehicle originally installed in" battery
warranties... buy the battery bare and carry it out yourself (don't
have them install it).  They'll happily do that and happily honor the
warranty for the entire term when you carry it back in (again, not
having them touch your vehicle).  (Yes, you will always need the
receipt and other docs.)

:-)