[RndTbl] Garbled boot screen

Frank H dimegoes at yahoo.ca
Sun May 6 12:37:23 CDT 2018

Try disabling GPU in bios settings

      From: Kevin McGregor <kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com>
 To: Continuation of Round Table discussion <roundtable at muug.ca>
 Sent: Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:40 AM
 Subject: [RndTbl] Garbled boot screen

This just came up. A system I have at home had been booting FreeNAS (FreeBSD-based) fine, but I powered it down for a while.
Now when I turn it on, the BIOS boot screen is fine, the GRUB boot selection screen is fine, but when it starts to boot the OS the screen goes all garbled. I can sort of make out some text, but it's generally unreadable.
Any ideas?
Also, is there a way to include picture attachments in mails to Roundtable? I thought I'd tried before and the picture was removed. I have a screenshot of the image I get while booting. It might help to see it.
Roundtable mailing list
Roundtable at muug.ca