[RndTbl] PGP/GPG broken for email (S/MIME)

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue May 15 01:57:21 CDT 2018

On 2018-05-15 Hartmut W Sager wrote:
> > Oh ya, this all could have been avoided if people stopped using
> > HTML in
> emails and HTML-capable MUAs.  <GRIN>
>
> Oh come now (grin or no grin)!  That would take us back to the
> textual-content-only era that was already ending by about 1995.
> Non-textual content and good looks in e-mail do matter in 2018!

Inline HTML containing the nub of the email?  Matters for
marketing/commerce (and spam)... not for normal person to person
communication.  MUUG [RndTbl] seems to do quite fine without it! :-)

I'll grant you attached pics are handy, but making the actual email
content HTML is hurl-inducing.  Not to mention 99% of the punters out
there *still* don't format their email correctly even with all the HTML
WYSIWYG gadgets.  In fact, it usually makes them worse (ever see one
trying to inline reply point-by-point and getting it completely
wrong? and they probably spent an hour doing so).  Ugh.  (Oh ya, and
email marketers are tracking the heck out of your HTML email MUA...)

</old guy grumbling... dern kidz these dayz>