[RndTbl] Fwd: GnuCash revisited

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Sat May 4 21:48:31 CDT 2019

Well, maybe I shouldn't be revisiting GnuCash after all.  It is already
failing me again on my latest experiments (and their official outstanding
buglist is 4 screen pages long!).  After 21 years and 100's of
sub-versions, does this thing ever grow up?

My latest:  When I do "File" (pulldown) and then "New file" (to start a new
company), the (Windows) GnuCash 3.4 hangs totally with everything greyed
out, and I have to kill it from Task Manager.  And this is fully
repeatable.  Yes, I have an open company file in GnuCash when I do this,
only because there is no "Close current company" (a ridiculous omission).
There's also no option in "Preferences" to open GnuCashwithout it trying to
open the last company file it had open.

A poor workaround that did work is to move all existing company files to
another directory before opening GnuCash, but then of course it complains
about a broken reference.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331, +1-204-515-1701, +1-204-515-1700,
+1-810-471-4600