[RndTbl] What is PowerShell Core's utility? Re: MUUG Meeting, Nov 12, 7:30pm -- PowerShell Core

eh at eduardhiebert.com eh at eduardhiebert.com
Wed Nov 6 08:40:03 CST 2019

In plain English what is PowerShell Core's utility?

Re-asking the question by way of parallel, the DOS commands of rename
and copy (xcopy) have far superior advantages over Windows in how simply
and easily multiple file changes can be made by anyone who takes the
small steps of understanding the very basic command structure of either
DOS command.

Similarly in non-technical language would someone please translate and
give some insight as to what utility PowerShell Core could give to
anyone who already is extensively using, say CSV files as a means to
link the data from various noncompatible programs?

I ask because I did try and find public sources but the following two
are examples of dictionary explanations which circular in nature and
truly unhelpful in explaining the power of PowerShell Core.

10 cool things you can do with Windows PowerShell
https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-cool-things-you-can-do-with-windows-powershell/

Roles, Role Services, and Features included in Windows Server - Server
Core
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/server-core/server-core-roles-and-services

With my thanks,

Eduard